Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Trip Down Memory Lane


I found some old pictures from 2003 on a cd my husband burned. He had all of our family pictures on his work computer (I don't recommend this) and when he found a new job and realized the computer was going back to the company, he frantically spent almost 24 hours burning pictures to cds! There were a LOT of cds so you can imagine (well, perhaps you can't because you haven't seen my disorganized chaos in the house!) how one slipped through the cracks (or slipped behind some books on the book shelf).

It was a trip down memory lane! Our first family vacation with our 3-year-old and 9-month-old. Were we nuts or what? We went to Cincinnati to Kings Island and spent 2 fun days there before driving to Hilton Head Island for a beautiful week at the ocean. Boy, did these pictures bring back memories...ones that I miss terribly. My little children who depended on me to take care of their every need and did so with such unconditional love (as versus the kids I have now who love me but expect that I be their personal servant and take care of their every need even though they are more than capable!). Ah, those were the days. =)

When I find that I have many pictures with a similar theme and would like to get my album finished lickety-split, I like to use a designer template that I can use as is or modify a bit the way that will accommodate my pictures best. The template I used for the amusement park isFamily Fun Days by StoryRock. It has a simple design, it's fun and worked great for the theme park pics. The beach pics are on a template entitled Sand & Surf by designer Kelly Hann Mize. I liked the simplicity of the pages with subtle pics of shells in the background supporting our ocean theme. I had fun putting these pages together and reliving those sweet, sweet days!











2 comments:

  1. I love the pics. Do you print out your pages or what do you do with them? We live close to Kings Island and I have pictures of my kids in the same cars in your pictures. Brings back such fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I have my pages printed by The Memory Boutique and put them in my albums as individual pages. Sometimes I print them on photo paper and other times I have them printed on satin paper. I don't have a favorite and like the looks both ways!

    What a nice area you live in! Do you buy the season pass to Kings Island? We love it there and haven't been back since that trip in 2003! We wanted to go this year with the kids but my husband doesn't have any vacation time to use and the funds are low anyways. Next year for sure! We are Beastie fans and can't wait to ride that one again and again and again. =) Now that my son's older, he may want to try The Beast. (((shudder))) Have a super summer!

    ReplyDelete